During this video, 10-year-old Libby – who struggles in school and has been diagnosed with ADHD, ASD and Generalised Anxiety – shares her dream for a different approach to education; a dream that I have committed to support her in bringing into reality.
Key features of Libby’s “imaginary school” include:
* Small student body of around 40 children, aged 6-15
* Children act as teachers and mentors to other children
* Unrestricted age mixing
* 3 large, well-equipped rooms with comfortable, movable furniture
* Freedom to choose what, when, how and with whom you learn
* Just one adult teacher who acts as a mother figure
* Students attend 2-3 days per week and spend the rest of the week at home
* A safe space (“Anxiety Room”) where children can talk through their worries and challenges with child mentors
* Large sports field with dedicated areas for youngest students
* Children can build fires and climb trees
If you are touched by this video and believe that Libby’s voice deserves to be heard, please support us by liking, commenting and sharing.
Thanks for watching!